for The Debates
- "This was the way to spend the nervous hours before voting began on Tuesday... Forthright, in-your-face, up-to-the-minute... Let's hope we don't have to wait four years and another embattled primary for a troupe like Theater in Asylum to visit Hartford again." - The Hartford Courant
- "Whether you’re a political junkie, a theater freak, or just kind of curious what all the fuss is about, the show is the perfect capsule of our surreal political culture..." - New York Magazine's Bedford and Bowery
- "Not only was The Debates—a play that amused and educated a full house at the Kraine Theater on the eve of the primary elections--about politics. It was politics." - NY City Lens
- "This touring show by Theater in Asylum had one of the most alluring premises of all the 2013 Fringe shows, and I’m happy to say it lived up to expectations... This is smart theater... genius... brisk, unyielding..." - Rochester City Newspaper
- "Rarely does one see a production in any theater that's performed with greater intensity and passion than Theater in Asylum's presentation of the complex friendship of Salvador Dalí and Federico García Lorca." - David Rade, Swan Isle Press
- "… director Paul Bedard smartly breathes fresh air into a classic … The physically rigorous choreographies by Katie Palmer were hypnotic and sexually provocative.” - Show Business Weekly
- "… wildly inventive maneuvers … impressively choreographed calisthenic dance fighting.” - Surreal Time Press
- "Though Bedard and company have taken a great number of risks in this stylized semi-update of Coriolanus, the result is well worthwhile.” - The L Magazine
Theater in Asylum (TIA) is a New York-based theater company founded in 2010 to provide asylum to highly charged subjects and characters. With an ensemble-driven process and performance, we investigate to inspire curiosity, empathy, and action. We seek a freer world and believe theater is both the means and the ends.
Copyright © 2020 THEATER IN ASYLUM. All rights reserved.