Theater in Asylum provides asylum to highly charged characters and subjects. With ensemble-driven performance we investigate to inspire curiosity, empathy, and action.
A world where the stage is a continual forum for question, debate, beauty, and progress. We seek a freer world and believe theater is both the means and the ends.
- Empathy – We believe art has a unique ability to innovate morality and provoke understanding.
- Challenge – We believe in the constant reexamination of our world’s judgments, binaries and preconceptions.
- Integrity – We believe in a strong commitment to – and respect for – our art, our audiences, our predecessors, and ourselves.
- Availability – We believe new audiences should be constantly welcomed and cultivated, while seasoned audiences constantly surprised.
- Artistry – We believe that quality art takes care, craft and magic.