THEATER IN ASYLUM suspends beliefs and moralities through visceral, emotional and thrilling dance-theater to rigorously investigate our world and to believe again more wholly.
A world where theater experience is accessible, supported, and instrumental as a vibrant medium to explore and promote empathy.
- Empathy – We believe art has a unique ability to innovate morality and provoke understanding.
- Challenge – We believe in the constant reexamination of our world’s judgments, binaries and preconceptions.
- Integrity – We believe in a strong commitment to – and respect for – our art, our audiences, our predecessors and ourselves.
- Availability – We believe new audiences should be constantly welcomed and cultivated, while seasoned audiences constantly surprised.
- Artistry – We believe that quality art takes care, craft and magic.
More about THEATER IN ASYLUM: